The chapel of Virgin Mary’s perpetual help in settlement U Okuliarov

The original wooden chapel of the Blessed Virgin Mary has been built in 1810 by Jozef Okuliar, who put on it foundation of 10 gold. It is interesting that the chapel is located in the area of the cemetery. Renewals, reps. repairs of the chapel are mentioned in the years 1822, 1856 and 1860. In the year 1856 the well-known artist from Tesin Eduard Swiekiewicz painted into the chapel an picture of Virgin Mary. The old wooden chapel was sanitized in 1924 and in its place there was built the current chapel of Virgin Mary’s perpetual help. The year 1924 is also located on its facade. The facade of the chapel is decorated with a modified coat of arms from the national coat of arms – from the blue three hills with rising gold cross. Above it there is flying golden eight-pointed star. The metal double cross is located at the tip of a small spire.